12 new Orange County restaurants
Twelve new restaurants are open, or coming soon, to Orange County. Here's the latest:
- Buffalo Wild Wings has finally released an opening date for its new spot at The Outlets at Orange, formerly known as The Block. It opens March 21 at 11 a.m. Sorry, no food giveaways at this new location, a rep for the chain said.
- L.A. Hot Dogs is now open (as of 3/13) at the food court at The Outlets of Orange.
- Cortina's Italian Market is opening a second location in Orange County. I spotted a sign for the popular Anaheim pizzeria in an industrial area of Orange. Address: 964 Batavia Street. (It's near La Siesta, a hidden gem for authentic Mexican food on Batavia.) It's unclear when Cortina's will open. Stay tuned for more information.
- The Boiling Crab, whose only Orange County locations are in Garden Grove, is opening a restaurant in Santa Ana in the spot once occupied by Sumo Sushi. Diane Pritchett, executive director of the South Coast Metro Alliance, said the "fun Cajun" restaurant is expected to seat about 189 people. The restaurant specializes in Louisiana crawfish, Louisiana raw oysters, Texas blue crab, Dungeness crab, King crab legs, Texas shrimp and seasonal Maine lobster. Stay tuned for more information. Address:1500 W. MacArthur Blvd., Santa Ana.
- Crepes de Paris at the Diamond Jamboree Shopping Center in Irvine closed. It is being replaced by the Sandwich Club, a shop serving Vietnamese Banh Mi subs and gelato. It will open in April. It is a new concept by the same operators of Papaya Thai Bistro at the center.
- Kula Sushi Japanese Restaurant opened a location in the Laguna Hills Mall on March 1. It's located next to the Elephant Bar and Restaurant, in the same wing as Macy's. Address: 24155 Laguna Hills Mall. (Note: The original Kulu is located at the Diamond Jamboree center in Irvine.)
- Mexi-Grill, near Wayne's Liquor in the Villa Park Shopping Center, is expected to open next week. The restaurant, which doesn't have a website or social media pages, plans to serve a menu of authentic Mexican foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner, according to Orange City News reporter Andie Mills. Word has it, the breakfast burrito and street tacos will be the hottest selling items. Hours: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- MammaLucco's New York Style Pizza & Italian Dining is opening in Anaheim Hills in the spring. It is replacing a First Class Pizza. MammaLucco's other location is in Brea.
- Sammy's Bar & Grill opened on Feb. 27 in Anaheim. It replaced M Foscari's Italian restaurant in Anaheim. Address: 5645 E. La Palma Ave. #170 Anaheim, CA 92807.
- A new Brazilian churrascaria is coming to Orange. Xodó Grill is located in the same shopping center as Target. Address: 2143 N. Tustin St.
- Honda Yaki Japanese Grill opened last month in Orange. Business was good on opening day, manager Veronica Olaya told the Register. Honda Yaki, formally Chin's Kitchen, is located at the intersection of Tustin Street and Collins Avenue in the Palm Center.
- Luna Rossa Ristorante is opening soon in Huntington Beach's Bella Terra. Address: 7801 Edinger Ave.
Want the latest news on new restaurants? Book mark this listing for regular update: Restaurant Openings Listing
Related Food Posts
- Which booze barn is better: Total Wine or BevMo?
- San Diego Starbucks first of 6 booze cafes in SoCal
- Nieuport 17 hosting chefs for 'pop-up' dining
- Angel Stadium: Carl's Jr. out, Jack in the Box in
- Is the new Quiznos lobster meal edible?
- Best food and wine at Laguna Beach events
- Royal Khyber celebrates 30 years with food special
- Video: Gluten-free foods on the rise
- In-N-Out: two new O.C. locations opening