Top 5 local Spring Break destinations close to OC
Within the past few months, we have all suffered the cold weather and been overwhelmed with classes and midterms. By March, the only thing on our minds is the age-old tradition of Spring Break. Been caught up with cramming that left you no time to plan? Here are the top five local Spring Break destinations for you last minute planners:
5. Palm Springs can guarantee you three things: warm weather, sunshine, and blue skies. Palm Springs is a quick destination for those last minute Spring Break travelers. Stop by the VillageFest, a free street festival, every Thursday night in downtown or simply take this time to relax at the spa or on the golf course.
4. Known as one of the most affordable college Spring Break destinations ever, Lake Havasu, AZ is worth the escape from books and school deadlines. Lake Havasu offers warm weather and a lake to cool you down. Every year, Lake Havasu offers water sports such as para sailing, jet skiing, water skiing, and boating. Stay at the London Bridge Resort just walking distance to the nightclubs and nightlife. It also features a 94-foot waterslide and swim-up bars. Visit azspringbreak.com for more information.
Want to stay in OC for Spring Break? Enjoy day-to-day Spring Break events on a budget in OC.
3. Home of the Gaslamp District and Hard Rock Hotel’s Intervention made San Diego part of our list. Like Hard Rock’s Rehab in Vegas, San Diego’s Hard Rock offers Intervention Sundays where famous DJ’s spin on Hard Rock’s rooftop pool while you simply enjoy your cold cocktails in the hot sun.
2. Didn’t get enough of winter yet? For those of us who were praying for snow all season in Southern California, pray no more. Every year around the time of Spring Break, Lake Tahoe, UT is always sure to have mountains blanketed in fresh powder. With seven available ski and snowboard resorts offers at Lake Tahoe, you’ll be able to ride what’s left of the season. Visit skilaketahoe.com for more information.
1. Road trips not your thing? Just a two-hour flight away is the Mexican vacation of Cabo San Lucas. I know it sounds typical, but with so many companies that promote Spring Break offering cheap deals, why not? My favorite websites to find all-inclusive deals that include flight, food, and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are: Kayak.com, Bookit.com and CheapCaribbean.com.