Click through the photos to get USA Today baseball columnist Bob Nightengale's take on that and other issues from the first month of the major-league season.
Five questions about … the first month
Five questions about ... the first month
The Angels open a seven-game homestand against the Minnesota Twins this week.
Since these two teams just met a little while ago – and have a rematch in Minnesota next week – we decided to take a little different tack with this week's 'Five Questions.' We reached out to USA Today baseball columnist Bob Nightengale for some perspective on the start of the major-league season as April becomes May.
Click through the photos to see Bob's answer to Five Questions about the first month of the season (and the pitching matchups for the Angels-Twins series in Anaheim).
More Angels coverage:
- Related: When will the real Albert Pujols show up?
- Saturday's game: Haren snaps losing streak -- but offensive funk continue
- Related: Trout just here to play a role, not be a savior
- Friday’s game: Bullpen blows another lead; Team must ‘grin and bear it,’ GM says
- Related: Angels release veteran Abreu, promote Trout from Triple-A
- Related: Angels demote Walden from closer role
- Series preview: Five questions about … the Indians
- Thursday’s game: Rays walk off with win, sweep of Angels
- Related: Tension increasing in Angels clubhouse
- Related: Why isn’t Albert Pujols hitting like … well, Albert Pujols?
- Five questions about ... the Indians
- Five questions about ... the Rays
- Five questions about ... the Orioles
- Five questions about ... the A's
- Five questions about ... the Yankees
- Five questions about ... the Twins
- Five questions about ... the Royals